Thursday 2 June 2011

John Murray from Manchester takes on world rated London rival Kevin Mitchell

John Murray (30-0, 18 KOs) from Manchester on July 9th at London’s ExCeL Arena rival Kevin Mitchell (31-1, 23 KOs) set the world takes you.

Vacant WBO Intercontinental crown on the line and a possible world title shot for the winner.

Murray said, “With Ricky Hatton retiring, we need a world class fighter because Manchester is the best fight city in the country”.

“My fight against Mitchell is the perfect opportunity for me to showcase my talents and really make a name for myself and show that I’m ready for the world title. He’s going to putting everything on the line as he will have nowhere to go if he losses so I’m sure he’s going to come out all guns blazing, and it will be a real war. I’ve also got to go into his backyard, but I know that all of Manchester will be behind me, and that’s a great boost going into the biggest fight of my career.”

No comments:

Post a Comment